A consortium of 55 companies, universities, and research institutes, including Kajima Corporation, Denka Company Limited, and Takenaka Corporation, has formed under the Green Innovation Fund Project* with the major goal of achieving a carbon-neutral society by 2050. The Consortium will continue to develop concrete to utilize carbon until 2030.
Specifically, we will promote the development of technologies to utilize CO2 in concrete making, as well as the development of manufacturing systems aimed at cost reduction. In addition, we will develop methods to evaluate the quality control and CO₂ fixation of established technologies.
* The Green Innovation Fund Project is a 10-year initiative by New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), a national research and development agency, to support research and development, demonstration and social implementation in order to achieve the goal of “carbon neutrality by 2050”.
NEDO has created a 2 trillion yen fund to be used by companies and other organizations that share ambitious and specific goals with the public and private sectors, and that are committed to addressing these goals as management issues.
The consortium “CUCO” brought together like-minded researchers and engineers. We intend to develop innovative technologies to reduce, absorb and fix CO2 through concrete, which until now has emitted large amounts of CO2, and to implement them in society as quickly as possible. We would be grateful for your support.
Managing Executive Officer
Denka Company Limited
Denka will challenge to create innovative carbon-negative concrete technology based on the Special Cement Additives Technology that has been accumulated over the decades, and will strive to achieve decarbonized society in cooperate with the consortium members.
Executive Managing Officer
This initiative will transform concrete, an essential construction material renowned for its formability, strength, and workability, from a “villain” to a “hero” in regards to environmental issues. I acknowledge that it will not be a simple task, but let's unite our efforts for the future of concrete and the construction industry.
Consortium Participating Companies, Universities and Research Institutions
CCU material related manufacturer
Cement and admixture manufacturer
Ready-mixed concrete plant
- KAWAGISHI BRIDGE WORKS CO.,LTD.
- GEOSTR Corporation
- SPANCRETE CORPORATION
- Sumitomo Metal Mining Siporex Co.,Ltd.
- Daiwa Corporation
- TAKAHASHI CURTAIN WALL CORPORATION
- Takamura Construction Co.,Ltd.
- Tsurumi Concrete Co.,Ltd.
- NIPPON CONCRETE Co., Ltd.
- NOZAWA CORPORATION
- HOKUETSU Co., Ltd.
- LANDES Co., Ltd.
Trading and investment company
Measurement and system manufacturer
Universities and Research Institutes
* In addition to the above, one private company is participating in the consortium.